Batch Plant Operator
Argos USA LLC
Security Clearance Required
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Responsible for using COMMAND batching system to prepares batches of concrete in accordance with mix design and dispatches loads to meet customer requirements.
• Receives and schedules concrete orders from customers and communicates with drivers on accurate and timely delivery of concrete products.
• Monitors incoming materials, payroll, truck scheduling and compiles / publishes periodic production reports.
• Ensuring good customer relations
• Communicates customer and/or operational problems to responsible management personnel in a timely fashion.
• Assists in scheduling personnel, call ins, equipment, raw materials deliveries, etc. to meet customer requirements
Additional duties include supporting and directing safety and policy agendas at the plant and throughout the division, assisting plant management with housekeeping, maintaining and materials support for the plant.
• Must be able to work in a heavy industrial production environment, exposed to weather elements, noise, vibrations, dust and temperature extremes
• Must be able to follow and perform confined spaces and fall protections procedures
• Must be able to wear all required personal protection equipment for the task, including (but not exclusive) safety glasses, hardhat, hearing protection, respiratory protection, safety belts, gloves, fall harness, etc
• Must be able to perform heavy work and heavy lifting, with frequent lifting up to 50 pounds and infrequent lifting of up to 100 pounds
• Standing for prolonged periods, walking, reaching, lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs and ladders, working at high elevations, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Education: High School education or equivalent
• Experience: Experience in the construction/mining/concrete industry helpful
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to read, write, calculate and understand written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions, including instructions, manuals, rules, regulations, etc.
• Three to Five years background in service type related work. Has good working knowledge of local geography including recent changes/developments streets and roadways.
• Able to simultaneously manage multiple and complicated situations, solve problems, make quality decisions and communicate decisions.
• Above average ability to verbally provide detailed and accurate travel directions
• Must be willing and capable of being trained to operate a front end loader
This position requires knowledge and awareness of construction and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Some weekend work required.
Employer Contact Information
Argos USA LLC
3015 Windward Plaza 3rd Floor
Alpharetta GA 30005
View All Jobs From This Employer
Fraud & Security
Copyright © 2017
All Rights Reserved.