Diesel Mechanics and Bus Drivers Needed!
Durham School Services
1384 Farmville Rd.
Memphis, TN 38122
Transportation / Railroad
Job Start Date
Security Clearance Required
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Maintenance Tech I Job Description
• Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
• Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
• Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
• Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
• Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
• Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
• Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
• Minimum of five years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
• Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must
• Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
• Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
• Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Diesel Technician
• Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
• Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
• Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred) **Company has a free training program for mechanics.
• ASE Certification desirable but not required
National Express LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
School Bus Driver Job Description
• Must be 21 years old
• Must have a valid driver’s license (TN, AR, MS is acceptable to work in Shelby Region)
• Must be able to pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screening
• Must be able to submit to a drug screening at random while employed
• Must be able to submit an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) in accordance with Durham’s standards.
• Must be able to pass DMV, County, State, Federal & Fingerprinting Background
• Must be available to work a part-time, split shift requiring early mornings and afternoons.
We expect all drivers to meet stringent selection criteria, which includes drug testing, background checks and an extensive interview process. The search for the right drivers is paramount to our success because the best drivers = the safest kids.
We are always looking for qualified drivers. If you are at least 21 years of age, think you’ve got what it takes and are interested in the benefits listed below, apply or contact us today!
• A competitive wage package - Drivers start at $12.63 per hour
• Unemployment compensation during summer months (Unless state law prohibits)
• Part-time morning and afternoon hours (Driver average between 25-32 hours each week depending on route.)
• Medical, Dental and Vision benefits offered
• No nights or weekends required
• WE TRAIN YOU! Free CLD classes offered for driver-candidates.
Please feel free to visit our website at durhamschoolservices.com for additional information regarding our company.
National Express is an equal opportunity employer.
For School Bus Drivers...
- No experience with buses required
- Must have 3 years of regular driving experience
- Must have current driver's license
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must submit to pre-employment drug screening and DOT physical
For Diesel Mechanics....
- Must have 3-5 years minimally of work in diesel mechanics, which can include med/heavy truck fleet mechanic repair experience
- Must have diagnostic, electrical and AC skills
- Must have technical knowledge or major vehicle systems and diesel equipment
- Fleet experience is a plus!
- See full job description for additional information
Employer Contact Information
Durham School Services
4300 Weaver Parkway
Warrenville IL 60555
View All Jobs From This Employer
Fraud & Security
Copyright © 2017
All Rights Reserved.