Asphalt Construction Crew Laborer
Memphis, TN 38106
The asphalt construction crew laborer performs tasks involving physical labor at heavy highway construction projects.
- Learn and exhibit company core values, resulting in a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude.
- Properly follow all company policies as spelled out in the Employee Handbook.
- Properly follow all OSHA regulations and company Safety Program requirements to ensure safe working procedures and a safe working environment.
- Level asphalt/aggregate to grade specifications using rakes, shovels and trowels.
- Dig, spread, level and remove construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies. Walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Assist with the placement, movement and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control and safety devices.
- Follow directions of foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific job site. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work collaboratively as a team with foreman, fellow crew members and management.
- Experience with asphalt paving not required, but preferred.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment including rollers, tampers, measuring tapes and other equipment as necessary per the job.
- Willingness to work outdoors in extreme conditions, including hot, cold, high noise levels, and exposure to dust and fumes. Must have excellent stamina.
- Willingness to work overtime, nights and weekends when required.
- Maintain consistent on-time attendance.