Backhoe Operator’s primary function is to operate all sizes of rubber tire backhoes, assisting with all aspect of the grading operation. The position is also extended to provide assistance to the labor crew and basic equipment maintenance. The job is performed outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to policies and procedures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advise the supervisor/shop of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Participate in routine maintenance
- Maintain inventory
- Climb in and out, on and off equipment
- Repetitive shoveling/raking/sweeping material
- Lifting a variety of heavy objects on and off equipment
- Work harmoniously, cooperatively and courteously with others at all times.
- Adhere to all Company Safety Policies.
- Perform any additional work deemed necessary by the Supervisor/Foreman
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted Drivers’ License
- Minimum of 2-Years of experience operating a rubber tire backhoe
- Must have working knowledge of basic equipment maintenance
- Experience with asphalt construction a plus, but not required
- Must pass a "fit-for-duty" physical exam and drug screen
- The ability and willingness to work in TN, AR & MS, as well as nights and weekends when required
- Must be willing to learn and contribute to Lehman-Roberts Company safety culture on a daily basis
Employer Contact Information