Primary responsibilities will be for the operation and transportation of water truck and asphalt distributor truck.
Secondary responsibilities will include various operational field duties in other areas of asphalt paving and heavy construction operations, including the operation of construction equipment.
- Water truck and distributor truck operation and daily maintenance.
- Receive and execute directions from paving foreman.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers to produce a quality product.
- Assist in maintenance and upkeep of equipment assigned to crew.
- Be safety conscience of job, personnel, and traveling public.
- CDL license is required for this position.
- Must have a tanker endorsement on driver's license.
- Must pass a "fit for duty" physical exam and drug screen.
- Ability to work long hours during construction season to ensure uptime of equipment for operations.
- Ability to learn and practice the principles of Total Process Reliability (TPR).
- Must be team-oriented, articulate, flexible, and highly productive.
- Minimum 2 years of road construction and paving experience or other commercial construction experience; thorough understanding of asphalt paving and roadway construction fundamentals required.
- Approach all duties with commitment to company core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement and relationships.