1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possess a GED.
2. Must be minimum age of 21, at the time of application.
3. Must be of high moral character.
4. Discharged under honorable conditions from Armed Forces, if applicable [TN POST Rule 1110-2-.03(1)(f)].
5. Will be screened for misdemeanor/felony record. (Must not have been convicted of or plead guilty to, or entered a plea of no contest to any felony charge or to any violation of federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor, or controlled substances).
6. Attend and successfully complete a State of Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) approved basic police training academy.
7. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
Must be able to pass a physical agility test upon satisfying initial minimum qualifications.
1. Must be willing to work various shifts, holidays, and weekends.
2. Must submit to and be able to successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation.
3. After receiving a contingent offer of employment, must be able to pass a psychological and medical evaluation, and be subject to testing for substance abuse.
4. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver’s License or secure one upon date of employment.
5. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet county requirements for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
6. Must be a citizen of the United States, or a permanent legal resident of the United States who is an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces pursuant to §38-8-105(d).
7. Must successfully pass a criminal history background check.