- $22-28 Hourly and up Based on Qualifications
- Full Benefits Package
- Full-Time Position
- Company Vehicle w/ fuel card
- Sign-on Bonus
Field Service Technicians work mostly on their own in the field to calibrate and / or repair customer’s industrial scales. The Field Service Technician will have use of a company vehicle, basic scale testing tools, calibration weights, a laptop or tablet and other resources needed to provide service on a wide variety of industrial scales.
There are some on-call, overtime, and weekend hours.
Candidate must be able to pass background checks, Pre-Employment and Random Drug Screenings and hold/obtain Class B CDL.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Account
- Company Vehicle with Fuel Card
- Sign On Bonus
Why Work Here?
Scale South is a family-owned company founded in 1974 and based in Augusta, GA. We provide a service that is critical to the daily operation and success of a surprisingly wide range of industries which allows our workload to remain consistently strong. We strive each day to provide quality service to our customers with fast response times using technicians they trust to perform reliable and accurate work. Our staff that enjoy the role of a field technician typically end up choosing this as a long-term career due to the specialized skills they learn.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with our service team to schedule and perform Preventative Maintenance Inspections for our preferred clients
- Conduct installations and calibrations of new equipment
- Perform site visits and reviews for potential new clients
- Complete electronic work orders and test reports using our computer software and Adobe Acrobat
- Perform mechanical troubleshooting and repairs of scales
- Perform low-voltage electrical troubleshooting and repairs of scales
- Work directly with customers on site to determine their repair and service needs
- Communicate with the management team regarding customer needs and how best to meet them
- Identify potential sales opportunities when working with our existing customers
- Drive our Heavy-Duty Test Truck for large scale calibrations, load tests, and weight rentals
You will visit all kinds of facilities and service equipment that is critical to our client’s operations. This position will support customers in and around Savannah and the coastal region. If you have mechanical and electrical maintenance experience, basic computer skills, are a strong communicator, and enjoy the dynamic and diverse nature of field service work, come join our team.