Under supervision, maintains custody and security of juveniles, responds to emergencies and maintains order in Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) facilities.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Enforcing relevant rules, regulations, policies and state laws necessary for the control and management of juveniles and the maintenance of public safety.
- Escorts juveniles in transit to locations within and outside of designated facilities, in transit to and from other facilities, and during temporary leaves.
- Oversees juveniles during work assignments, meals, and recreation periods.
- Guards facility entrances for the screening of visitors.
- Inspects, inventories and maintains control of key logs, tools, and related equipment.
- Patrols assigned areas and report any problems. Prepares facility related reports.
- May handle and train canines for tracking, search and rescue, guard duty and the detection of contraband.
High school diploma or GED AND any combination of training and experience which would enable the applicant to meet the minimum standards of the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.).
Must have valid Driver License
For more information about our Juvenile Correctional Officer Positions please click here:
Military Salary Increase Incentive Amount:
• 2.5% for one year of active duty service
• 5% for two years of active duty service
• 7.5% for three years of active duty service
• 10% for 4+ years of active duty service