3400 Prescott Road
Memphis, TN 38118
Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible for a number of vital tasks at our multiple locations. They support the agency by ensuring our facilities stay in comfortable working order. By maintaining the quality of facilities and equipment used by our staff, our Maintenance Technicians ensure the agency can serve the community.
Our maintenance technicians:
• Apply their vast and varied technical knowledge in a number of areas, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC, and general and vehicle maintenance
• Help Porter-Leath manage agency resources and operations, which ultimately serves our children and our community by eliminating waste
Essential Job Functions:
1. Completes all maintenance service requests as assigned in a timely, accurate, and quality manner.
2. Obtains signatures of internal customers when work is completed. Maintains and submits documentation following procedures.
3. Elevates work tickets which cannot be resolved within expected timeframes or expenses.
4. Ensures tools, parts, supplies, and equipment needed for each service request are available on site at the time of need and then returned clean and prepared for next use upon completion of the work.
5. Purchases (while following protocols) tools, parts, supplies, and equipment needed to complete work tickets.
6. Completes work within expense limits established.
7. Maintains inventory controls for cost effective operations.
8. Completes preventative maintenance tickets as assigned.
9. Coordinates special repair/construction projects as requested.
10. Assists in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
11. Monitors and maintain equipment and tools as assigned.
12. Completes grounds work as directed which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas, and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
13. Alerts supervisor of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that has taken place or may occur.
14. Maintains a professional, courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
15. Assures safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, city, state, and federal guidelines.
16. Ensures compliance of all work-related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
17. Follows established company policies and those outlined in the employee guidebook.
18. Operates a vehicle to conduct work as needed; operates a variety of equipment, machines, and tools related to custodial work.
19. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and agency leadership.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to remain stationary as well as move about the work environment. The employee must be able to manipulate and use materials as well as position objects weighing up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to distinguish colors and see up-close. The employee will work in a non-smoking environment.
• High school diploma or GED
• HVAC Certification
• Minimum of two (2) years of maintenance work experience
3400 Prescott Road