ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Systems, Inc. (CSI) is looking for Network Engineer candidates who have exceptional knowledge of RF Communications Systems and advanced knowledge of IP Network (NIPR/SIPR) concepts to include routing and switching technologies. Candidate must be capable of training first-level troubleshooting and implementing RF Communications Systems and baseband networks as directed. Candidate must have knowledge of system encryption techniques. Previous work experience should include working with military or commercial RF Communications Systems with Satellite and Line of Sight (LOS) transport methods (FDMA/TDMA/DAMA). Candidate will be required to be the Subject Matter Expert on all pieces of equipment that is being trained and/or supported. This position is based in Buford, GA but the candidate is required to travel to deployed unit locations up to 50% of their time to prove project success. Candidate will be expected to work with a spirit of cooperation and must exhibit a tenacious work ethic while possessing the drive and critical thinking to excel in potentially tumultuous conditions.
Applicants must possess:
Applicants must possess the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the level required by each assigned task.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At our core, Comtech employees are driven by innovation. We are leaders in the advanced global commercial and government communications market. A career at Comtech enables you to design, develop, produce and market innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. You will facilitate and enhance the way people, businesses, and governments communicate around the world.
Comtech Systems, Inc. (CSI) is a leading provider of mission critical solutions to government and civilian agencies with a focus on C4ISR solutions using any type of network, whether mobile, fixed, static, terrestrial, marine, airborne or in space. In order to help our customers, combat a growing number of cyber-attacks on their systems, we provide training and certification and vulnerability compliance assessment. Comtech designs, develops, produces and markets innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. We are technology leaders in the markets that we serve and conduct our business through Government solutions. Our market segments consist of: Tactical Communications, Space & Component Technology, Mobile Datacom, and Cyber Security Solutions.
This position will perform the following duties:
- Provide training and field support on Satellite-Based Military and Commercial VSAT, LOS Radio, Routing & Switching Networking, and Wireless Communication Technologies as directed.
- Establish documentation guidelines, procedures, templates, and developing/coordinating final production of deliverables as required by the customer.
- Responsible for providing general maintenance, inspection, and repair of VSAT systems; providing timely responses to emergency site repairs and resolution of problems.
- Responsible for supporting and training complex engineering activities to include defining system requirements and developing technical solutions to address those requirements, hardware / software selection, input to work breakdown schedules, and documentation, in support of customer requirements.
- Configuration, operations, maintenance, troubleshooting and resolution of customer technical problems over the phone, via e-mail, on-site or using remote connectivity.
- Operate Satellite Modems, Redundancy Switch, associated cables, and interconnects; Up Converters, Redundancy Switch; Down Converters, High Power Amplifiers (HPAs), Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs), Low Noise Block (LNB); Waveguide (rigid, flex, and elliptical) joints and connections; Intermediate Frequency (IF) cable and connections; Antenna, Antenna motors, Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPA), Antenna Control Unit (ACU), and associated cabling and interconnects; Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS); Generator (if applicable).
- Maintain and troubleshoot using any Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) required over and above the Built-In-Test (BIT) capability of the supported equipment.
- Operate and maintain Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA), Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) modems (iDirect, Linkway, Datum, Comtech, etc.).
- Provide support in the deployment and configuration of comprehensive routing and switching network designs.
- Troubleshoot, implement, and provide configuration of network hardware and software.
- Monitor and maintain network devices and troubleshoot and identify source of problems.
All candidates will have the following minimum skills:
- Experience in procedures for accessing both commercial and military satellites in X, Ka, and Ku satellite bands.
- Ability to troubleshoot a VSAT Satellite terminal down to the lowest replaceable unit (LRU) to include knowledge of RF signal flow.
- Have in-depth knowledge of Routing, Switching, and VOIP concepts.
- Have in-depth knowledge of complex LAN/WAN communications, network hardware’s such as Cisco routers, Ethernet switches, bridges, gateways, and firewalls.
- Have in-depth knowledge of routing protocols such as RIP, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
- Have in-depth knowledge, configuration and troubleshooting ability of DMVPN Architecture, Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP), Switching fundamentals (VLANS, VTP, Port Security, Spanning Tree), Cisco Encryption Concepts within a DMVPN Architecture over a SATCOM network.
- Have in-depth knowledge of Riverbed, VMware software, ESXi, and an understanding of TCP Acceleration over Satellite concepts.
- Ability to manipulate a provided baseline router configuration within a given network to establish connectivity with the distant end to provide services to the end user.
- Ability to configure inline network encryption devices.
- Ability to coordinate and execute operational requirements with minimal oversight.
- Ability to meet eligibility requirements to access classified information.
- Must possess interpersonal skills required to communicate with the customer and other team members effectively and tactfully.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with diverse audiences, internally and externally to foster strong teamwork.
- Work well independently or as a member of a team environment
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite.
- Ability to work in austere environments.
All candidates will have the following education/experience:
- Minimum of four (4) years of related work experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a military environment.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Potential candidates with prior experience operating SNAP, Tampa Microwave, DTECH, KLAS, and T2C2 systems are encouraged to apply.
- Other training/certifications applicable: A+, NET+, SEC+, CCNA, GVF Certifications are a plus.
Comtech offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- STD, LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
- Comprehensive 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Assistance
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave
- Bereavement, Military, and Jury Duty Leave
CSI is a wholly owned subsidiary of Comtech Telecommunications Corp. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.