The Planned Maintenance (PM) Technician is responsible for the scheduled planned maintenance (PM) of all lift trucks
within a designated service zone.
The Planned Maintenance (PM) Technician will focus on building and maintaining customer relationships as the primary service contact. Responsible for communicating
with the customer in regard to repairs or maintenance needed to keep forklifts in safe and proper operating condition.
Manage the planned maintenance program including service intervals within the respective service zone.
• Average PM’s are 6 – 8 per day
• Must have excellent driving record
• Must have basic computer skills
• Conducts minor repairs of forklifts
• Perform thorough forklift inspections to identify any repairs that are needed. Write down and report all findings of
potential or additional repairs necessary on every PM work order.
• Consult with customers in regard to needed repairs or additional maintenance items that are needed.
• Clear penmanship and ability to record accurate information.
• Communicate daily activities with zone teammates to ensure respective zone consistently achieves 100% PM
• Must be self-motivated and organized
• Keep PM vehicle clean and stocked with supplies.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. (and occasionally in excess of 75 lbs.)
Work Experience Requirements
1-2 years of relevant work experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
Must have the physical stamina to perform continuously will full body motion for climbing, reaching, pushing, lifting and
reaching, etc. Work is performed in a maintenance environment with potential exposure to moving mechanical parts,
dust, fumes, chemicals, or solvents which require knowledge of proper safety procedures. Work is performed at customer
locations, including manufacturing, warehouses, and cold storage facilities and in other (sometimes) difficult or outdoor
environments. May include working in our shop area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Toyota Forklifts reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
Forklift Mechanic, Service Technician, P M Techincian, Breakdown Technician, Road Technician, Shop Technician, Hydraulic Technician, Diesel Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Field Service Technician, mechanic, forklift, maintenance, warehouse